GM (General Motors)
- 1998-2002 F-Body
- 2004-2006 GTO
- C5 Corvette
- C6 Corvette / C6 Z06
- C6 ZR1 Corvette
- C7 Corvette
- 2004-2007 CTS-V
- 2009-Present CTS-V
- G8 GXP
- Gen 5 Camaro
- Gen 5 Z28 Camaro
- Gen 5 ZL1 Camaro
- Gen 6 Camaro
GM Single Disc Install Tips
MONSTER CLUTCH CO. GM SINGLE DISC INSTALL TIPS
Thank you for purchasing a Monster Clutch product! Here are a few small reminders on basic things to do when installing a clutch. If you have any questions about your install please give us a call at 817-750-2000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not recommend inexperienced technicians install these units, that said, if you get stuck or are not sure about something STOP IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT US! Ignoring things or getting something wrong during the installation can be very costly in the end and is not covered under our warranty – when in doubt ASK!
· If you are installing this clutch in a Gen 1 CTS-V make certain that you use the following hardware. Flywheel Bolt GM pn – 11569956, and Pressure Plate Bolt GM pn – 12561465, this is very important!
· You must use Red Loctite on the pressure plate bolts and you must install new flywheel bolts as they are a TTY bolt from the factory, GM includes the loctite/sealant on these bolts when you purchase them, there is no need for anything else.
· When installing the clutch disc, the dampened hub (green side) faces the pressure plate; the flat part of the clutch disc faces the flywheel. If you get this backwards your clutch will not disengage.
· Make sure that all friction mating surfaces are clean. Spray brake cleaner on a rag and wipe the surfaces down to get all of the packing oils, etc. off of the surfaces. This is important as fluid contamination is the #1 reason for chatter as well as friction failure and is NOT covered under our warranty.
· DO NOT LUBRICATE THE PILOT BEARING OR INPUT SHAFT!!
· Our clutches typically do not require shimming of the slave cylinder. That said, we recommend measuring your setup to ensure things are as they should be. There are multiple tolerances at play (bell housing, transmission case, clutch assembly, crankshaft flange, and engine block) that can be off one way or another, by measuring you ensure that your entire setup, not just the clutch, is correct and within tolerance. See our FAQ page for information on how to measure and what tolerances you should see (under "Does my clutch need a shim").
· Quick Time/aftermarket bellhousings will almost always need some sort of a shim – their tolerances are quite a bit different than OEM and vary from part to part.
· Never attempt to measure the setup with a tape measure, you must always use a set of calipers – whether they are digital or not does not matter, as long as you can read them. If you contact us with measurements, they must be to the .001” or we cannot help you.
Dowel Pins Locations –
· Monster 12” pressure plate use holes marked “A”
· Monster 11” pressure plate use holes marked “B”
· Stock pressure plate reuse factory pins in holes marked “C” - **PHASED OUT IN LATER PRODUCTION**
NOTE – DOWEL PINS MUST BE A TIGHT / PRESS FIT - IF THEY ARE NOT A TIGHT / PRESS FIT DO NOT CONTINUE WITH INSTALLATION, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY!!
Flywheel bolts are torqued in three phases, the torque specs are 15-37-74 ft/lbs of torque. The torque sequence is 1-4-6-2-5-3 for 6-bolt flywheels, 1-5-7-3-8-4-6-2 for 8-bolt flywheels, and 1-5-8-3-6-2-7-4-9 for 9-bolt flywheel.
Pressure plate bolts are torqued in three phases, the torque specs are 20-40-52 ft/lbs of torque. The torque sequence is 1-4-6-2-5-3
ENJOY YOUR NEW MONSTER!
- C7 Corvette