GM (General Motors)
- 1998-2002 F-Body
- 2004-2006 GTO
- C5 Corvette
- C6 Corvette / C6 Z06
- C6 ZR1 Corvette
- C7 Corvette
- 2004-2007 CTS-V
- 2009-Present CTS-V
- G8 GXP
- Gen 5 Camaro
- Gen 5 Z28 Camaro
- Gen 5 ZL1 Camaro
- Gen 6 Camaro
Single Disc Install Tips
MONSTER CLUTCH CO. INSTALL TIPS
Download the PDF
Thank you for purchasing a Monster Clutch product! Here are a few small reminders on basic things to do when installing a clutch. If you have any questions about your install please give us a call at 817-750-2000 or email us at email@example.com.
- STOP! If you are installing this clutch in a CTS-V make certain that you use the following hardware. Flywheel Bolt pn – 11569956, and Pressure Plate Bolt pn – 12561465, this is very important!
· Make sure the flywheel surface is clean. Spray brake cleaner on a rag and wipe the surface down to get all packing oils, etc. off of the surface. This is important as the flywheel is one of the main surfaces that the clutch disc rides on.
· Make sure that the pressure plate mating surface is clean. Use the same method as you did with the flywheel. This too is important due to this being the other main surface that the clutch disc rides on.
· When installing the clutch disc, the sprung hub (green side) faces the pressure plate; the flat part of the clutch disc faces the flywheel. If you get this backwards your clutch will not disengage.
- DO NOT LUBRICATE THE PILOT BEARING OR INPUT SHAFT!!
- Our clutches typically do not require shimming of the slave cylinder, however, we recommend measuring the setup to make sure that the tolerances in your vehicle will not cause release issues. If you have any questions on this please contact us directly.
· Please make sure that you use Red Loctite on the pressure plate bolts and GM Loctite w/sealant on the flywheel bolts.
Dowel Pins –
· Monster 12” pressure plate use holes marked “A”.
· Monster 11” pressure plate use the holes marked “B”.
· Stock pressure plate reuse factory pins in the holes marked “C”.
NOTE – DOWEL PINS MUST BE A TIGHT/PRESS FIT!!
Flywheel bolts are torqued in three phases, the torque specs are 15-37-74 ft/lbs of torque. The torque sequence is 1-4-6-2-5-3
Pressure plate bolts are torqued in three phases, the torque specs are 20-40-52 ft/lbs of torque. The torque sequence is 1-4-6-2-5-3
If you have any questions STOP and call us at 817-750-2000!
- C7 Corvette