GM (General Motors)
- 1998-2002 F-Body
- 2004-2006 GTO
- C5 Corvette
- C6 Corvette / C6 Z06
- C6 ZR1 Corvette
- C7 Corvette
- 2004-2007 CTS-V
- 2009-Present CTS-V
- G8 GXP
- Gen 5 Camaro
- Gen 5 Z28 Camaro
- Gen 5 ZL1 Camaro
- Gen 6 Camaro
LT-1 Twin Install Tips
MONSTER CLUTCH CO. INSTALL TIPS
Download the PDF
Thank you for purchasing a Monster Clutch product! Here are a few small reminders on basic things to do when installing a clutch. If you have any questions about your install please give us a call at 817-750-2000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON, REMOVE THE BOLTS ATTACHING THE FLOATER PLATE TO THE PRESSURE PLATE. DOIN SO WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!
- STOP! Do not attempt to use ARP hardware with this unit, using ARP flywheel bolts with this unit will cause immediate damage and failure. If you have any questions contact Monster Clutch Co. directly. We’ve included GM flywheel bolts with your clutch, there is no need to use anything else.
· Make sure the flywheel surface is clean. Spray brake cleaner on a rag and wipe the surface down to get all packing oils, etc. off of the surface. This is important as the flywheel is one of the main surfaces that the clutch disc rides on.
· Make sure that all mating surfaces are clean. Use the same method as you did with the flywheel. This too is important due to this being the other main surfaces that the clutch discs rides on.
· When installing the clutch make certain that the disc pack reassembles exactly how you disassembled it. If you get this backwards your clutch will not disengage and damage will occur.
- DO NOT LUBRICATE THE PILOT BEARING OR INPUT SHAFT!!
- Our clutches do not require shimming of the slave cylinder. If you have a disengagement issue contact us immediately and we will go over your issue with you. All of these units are pre-tested and come to you already assembled, there should be absolutely no issues with release from the clutch.
- Make sure that you use Red Loctite on the pressure plate bolts.
These clutches come preassembled. Make sure that you reassemble the unit as you pulled it a part to ensure proper operation. There are three square aluminum stands that can spin when installing them. The direction of them does not matter. There are three pinned aluminum stands that must go on as they come out of the package, failure to do this will result in the clutch not operating properly.
Flywheel bolts are torqued in three phases, the torque specs are 15-37-74 ft/lbs of torque. The torque sequence is 1-4-6-2-5-3
Pressure plate bolts are torqued in three phases, the torque specs are 20-40-52 ft/lbs of torque. The torque sequence is 1-4-6-2-5-3
If you have any questions STOP and call us at 817-750-2000!
ENJOY YOUR NEW MONSTER!
- C7 Corvette